- Fixed instances where some players did not earn endgame trophies (PS4)
- Adjusted map in electric area to accurately reflect terrain
- Reduced micro stutters most prevalent on Nvidia 10-Series GPUs*
- Made it easier to knock enemies off cliffs
- Improved camera position during some grapple points
- Adjusted sounds on various units and events throughout the game for a better experience
- Fixed some event saves to avoid being stuck if you quit in the middle of the event
- You can no longer grapple in the middle of a warp
- Added a higher quality shadow detail level
- Fixed some incorrect Arabic translations and controller UI
- Hunter achievement should now include warp and down-punch attacks
- Reconfigured Shadow Detail dropdown for three settings: Low, Medium, High (previously only two settings)
*Note: If you have a Windows 10 machine with an Nvidia 10 series GPU and are seeing performance issues, please also grab the Fall Creators Update (Windows 10, version 1709). This update has been verified to resolve micro stutter issues in the game. For more information on how to update to this version of windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-fall-creators-update.
Additional Note: On PS4, the 1.13 incremental patch was styled as 1.14. We are skipping this number on PC to sync up the versions again.
That's right! If you picked up Torchlight or Torchlight II from the Runic Games digital store, you can now redeem your game keys on GOG via GOG.com/reclaim. This offer isn't time-limited, but head on over right now! It's a great way to pick copies of the game for Mac and Linux.
Steam users, for a very limited time you too can pick the game up on GOG via GOG.com/connect, but your chance ends October 14 at 1pm UTC.
Check out GOG's announcement on their blog!
- Fixes a scenario in which the game stops saving progress after triggering a specific world shift.
Note: We didn't increment the version number for this one on Steam, but on GOG the version increments to 18.104.22.168. We promise we will sync all these versions up in the next patch! ;)
- Monitor dropdown detects monitors correctly
- Added Graphics Adapter selection to launcher so players can explicitly select their GPU
- Fixed various crashes throughout the game
- Adjusted save states on various events to avoid blocked save games
- Added blocking volumes in various places to prevent players from getting stuck
- Adjusted death planes in various places to make sure players die when they are supposed to
- Adjusted collision in various places so players can no longer walk through things they should not
- Fixed places where music was not playing in the world
- Invisible robot in water dungeon no longer invisible
- Menu UI easier to navigate with gamepad
- Fixed issue where game would sometimes crash when awarding achievements
- Fixed issue where achievements earned when offline were not being reported
- Fixed issue where players would not earn "Make it Home" achievement
Note: Issues reported with Nvidia 10-Series graphics devices have been inconsistent and difficult to track down. If you have one of these cards, please try the latest patch. If you are still having trouble, see our Performance troubleshooting KB article and if that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact us with specific additional information.
Includes fixes from the 1.12.x.1 incremental patch on PS4.
- Resolved issues with snap points for blocks.
- Fix for punch soft lock.
- Adjustments to camera angles to make it easier to see in some areas.
- Fix for an issue where the game state would be broken if the player exited during a world shift event.
- Localization fix for controller layouts.
Note: We are still investigating issues with Nvidia 10-Series graphics devices. Thanks for your patience!
This is an incremental patch and will be rolled into the next minor patch on PS4.
- Stability improvements.
- Butterfly collection should increment properly.
- Added a ladder in electric zone for easier return traversal.
- Adjusted deathfall sound volume.
- Improved camera angle during certain puzzles to make it easier to see.
- Updated vista map markers.
Note: We are very close to tracking down the launching crashes folks are getting with Nvidia 10-Series graphics cards. If you're running into this issue, try reinstalling your MSVC++ redistributables (see Launching Issues for more info on how to do this.) If you receive an assert message at this point, let us know via email@example.com which one you received. Removing one or more of the microcodecache.bin files (info also in Launching Issues) may resolve the issue. If not, rest assured, we are working round the clock to resolve the issue. Thanks to everyone in the community who has taken time to help us track this issue down!
- Crash fixes
- Fix for terrain race condition
Note: We are actively investigating launching issues for Nvidia 10-Series GPUs. Resolving it is our top priority. Thanks for your patience! Remember to restart the game to apply this update.
- This patch addresses several major crashing issues.
- Thank you to all the folks in the community who helped us beta test it!
- Special shout-out to Wanderbot, whose assistance singularly made this patch possible.
Note: You will need to exit the game to apply the update.
- Fix for a number of crashes thanks to community reports.
Note: You will need to exit the game to apply the update. This patch applies to PC only. We have not yet issued this patch to PS4.
The Runic Games forums will be inaccessible beginning tonight May 10 at 6PM PDT for approximately a week while we migrate from phpBB to Vanilla. In the meantime, we encourage you to visit our discord server at https://discord.gg/runicgames. Thanks!
We just announced a brand new IP today called Hob. Here are some links that will get you up to speed.
- Polygon just ran a story about our brand new IP called Hob!
- The Hob website is located at www.hobgame.com.
- You can like our new Hob page on Facebook.
- For more details, including how you can get a chance to play Hob, check out our news post!
- And – last but not least – we've got a trailer for you to watch!
We're happy to announce that Torchlight II is available now DRM-free with the Humble Indie Bundle 14. PC, Mac, and Linux are supported, and you can add your copy to Steam if you want to play that way!
A few minor updates today.
- On OS X: We fixed a keybinding issue for the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys.
- For Linux: Added a DDS decompression fix for alpha handling under specific circumstances; Added fix for crash to desktop when playing Outlander or in the Frosted Hills; Fixed file save issues with Cyrillic characters.
We're launching Torchlight II with Linux support! It joins our recent Mac release on Steam.
- You may redeem your non-Steam key on Steam if you purchased Torchlight II before February 2, 2015.
- Cross-platform multiplayer is supported.
- Game saves are compatible across PC, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Mods are supported.
We just pushed out a minor housekeeping update to Steam for Torchlight II on Mac OS X. As with the previous hotfix, this change does not increment your Torchlight II version number, which remains 22.214.171.124. Here's what's new:
- Added a warning dialog to inform OS X 10.6 and 10.7 users that their operating system is unsupported (Reminder: Mac OS X 10.8 or newer is required). While it may be possible to run the game on older systems, this is not guaranteed to work.
- Though unsupported, we are now force-disabling hardware skinning to resolve a crash for OS X 10.6 users. This should also resolve major performance issues for these users.
- Added detection and a dialog for users who have installed Torchlight II to a case sensitive volume. Please see this KB article for more information.
- Added a multi-selection fix to the ModLauncher.
We fixed a couple of minor issues in Torchlight II for Mac this morning:
- Torchlight II now launches correctly if pinned to the Dock.
- Custom keybindings are correctly saved after quitting the game.
- Added fix for game saves on case sensitive volumes.
Torchlight II Launcher Patch 126.96.36.199
Released June 06, 2014
This maintenance patch updates the security certificate for our patching system.
Torchlight II T-shirts have arrived! Get the full scoop over at: http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2014/02/13/torchlight-ii-merch/
Released April 25, 2013
- Localization fixes
- Fix for disappearing cursor in fullscreen mode when Windows mouse cursor trails are enabled
- Fixed an issue with mapping right-click hotkeys
- Fixed several file browse buttons in the unit editors
- Fixed an issue where the environment layout browse button would default to an incorrect path
- Fixed creating and saving level feature tags
Released April 11, 2013
- No longer clear level history when a mod's version changes - only clear history when there are changes to the list of mods in use
- 10 mod limit now properly enforced
- Gut Punch now accurately scales its radius as described
- Fixed occasional hang when entering Tarroch's Tomb
- Fixed duplicate files being displayed after modding a file in various editor forms
- Editor WSAD camera movement keys are now mappable in the settings_editor.txt file
- Marquee object selection now property updates the selected scene tree nodes
- "Open" button for the player editor's skill tree layout override control now properly opens both base and mod layouts
- Really fixed the progress bar stat selectors and fixed progress bars in general after the last patch
- Fixed the layout save path checker not properly showing the right base and mod file locations in some circumstances
- Can no longer right-click to create static unittypes when modding (all modding should use dynamic unittypes)
- Fixed units not reloading in some circumstances when the unit editor were saved
- Fixed unittypes not reloading in some circumstances when the unittypes editor was saved
- Fixed inheritance nodes not being displayed in the unittype editor
- Fixed a number of layout object file browsers not returning proper relative paths for modded files (particles on missiles, meshes for generic models, etc.)
- Fixed the wardrobe panel not properly displaying units' wardobe data in the items editor
Released April 4, 2013
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a particular phase beast level
- Fix for the final dungeon in the Ice Labs
- Fix for exiting the Ice Labs to Frosted Hills
- Fixes for minimap puzzle representations on some maps
- Fixed issues with display of modded game groups in dropdown
- Fix for visual issues on Windows XP machines.
- Added "Waiting for response from Steam" message to ModLauncher start-up.
- Added notification that time may be required before ModLauncher can be started when mods require updates.
- Unit editors (monster, items, players props) now have a "folder" column in the unit list.
- Added "find:" operator for expression filtering (i.e. "find:SuperAxe" will list all the files which contain "SuperAxe" anywhere in their data)
- Editor no longer crashes when investing skill points wish push a skill to the next tier.
- Modded skills no longer show twice in the skiles editor.
- Fixed the "view folder" button in the rule set editor when viewing mod level sets.
- Modded rule sets should no longer show twice in the rule set editor.
- Stat lines no longer show twice when modding stat lines.
- Fixed Progress bar UI object setting the wrong index when selecting STAT ONE and STAT TWO.
- Fixed a number of various places were we weren't also looking for mod files when listing files in a directory.
- Texture sheet png files are not included in the pak. So the image selector and unit editors now show valid images.
- fixed skill UI layout browse/open buttons in the Player editor when modding.
- fixed catagory filtering in the affix editor after modding an affix.
- Can no longer attempt to add static unittypes in the unittypes editor.
*Steam users may need to re-validate their installation of GUTS after updating Torchlight II. (From the Steam client, go to Library -> Tools -> Right-click Torchlight II GUTS -> Properties -> Local Files tab -> Verify Integrity of Tool Cache)
Released April 1, 2013
- New Unique and Legendary weapons for every item class
- New class armor sets
- New MapRoom maps
- Additional side dungeons in Act 1 and 2 during New Game Plus play
- Nether-Realm portals take you to a new Nether-Realm tileset, with new creatures
- Headcrab pet
- Alpaca pet
- Panda pet
- Stag pet
- Modding is now fully enabled. For Steam users, Steam Workshop support is integrated.
- Modding is fully supported in multiplayer - filter available games by active mod combinations. With Steam Workshop, automatically subscribe to and match configurations to join modded games!
- New to modding? Here's how to get started with GUTS - the Torchlight II GUTS wiki
- Socketable-granted DOT effects now get character damage bonuses from focus and items
- Fixed issue where Reflection would change your target while fishing, which would leave you in a bad state
- Various protections to prevent poorly formed mods
- Other minor fixes
Released January 14, 2013
- Fix for potential Steamworks related crash.
- Fix for a desynchronization error which can occur in 3+ player multiplayer games in very specific timing circumstances.
- Fix for a rare issue where the effects on a merchant's items (or items left on the ground) can be wiped if a player takes ownership of a level while the original owner is departing.
- Fixed a crash related to removing gems from items in multiplayer if they had been equipped.
- Fixed a separate multiplayer socketing related crash. Both of these fixes should resolve most of the 'in-town' crashes some players have experienced, as the events triggered can crash other clients.
- Fist weapons (and a few other innately enhanced items) can no longer make your attacks so fast that they are invisible with max attack-speed bonuses.
- German is now available to all users.
- Polish translation updates.
- Russian translation updates.
Released: November 30, 2012
- Cleaned up Polish language translations.
- Cleaned up Russian language translations.
- Fixed issues with font clipping.
Released: November 16, 2012
This is a small hotfix patch to address an issue with proximity-based effects from set item bonuses that could cause extreme frame rate degradation.
Released: November 15, 2012
- Owl pet added
- Badger pet added
- Russian language now available
- Polish language now available
- Several spelling errors fixed
- Dimensions fixed on one texture
- A lot of internal fixes to support translations better, and copy-pasting of cyrillic characters and use of IME
- Characters with certain special characters in their names won't fail to save
- Attacks that deal weapon% no longer give bonus crit for values over 100%
- Missiles with an AoE were not properly taking into account some untargetable states
- Run speed bonuses were sometimes added twice
- Fixed Trillbot achievement quest
- Rank 8 and 9 or Seismic Slam scale soak values properly on direct damage
- Flame Hammer, Ember Hammer and Emberquake correctly list staves in requirements
- Storm hatchet now targets better on slopes
- Storm hatchet should be less likely to collide with walls and more likely to collide with units
- Ravage knockback/slow resistance fixed
- Ravage falls back to autoattack when mana is low
- Battle rage properly refreshes now
- Shadowbind procs now level properly
- Rank 4 of Firestorm now has correct max damage
- Issues w/ Prismatic Bolt duration effects resolved
- Fixed mana cost for rank 10 of Infernal Collapse
- Made requirement reduction spells work properly
- Rifle and Cannons now use weapon damage instead of DPS - fast weapons were stronger than intended, slow weapons were weaker than intended
- A non functioning proc on the Tundra set was converted to a functioning Lifesteal
- Tomes of Weapon Expertise (spells) now correctly state that they improve Claw use, amongst the other weapons
- New ring for Emberweave set
- New pants for Embercraft set
- Legendary wand Earth Dies Screaming can no longer crash the game
- Fixed some issues with item-based proximity effects getting doubled
- Various pathing and collision fixes
- Various new boss rooms added for maproom maps
- Several new Phase Beast rooms added
- Can't be knocked behind fence in Arena of Slaughter
- Exploding zombies now strike only once per explosion
- King gels have champion resistances and minion gels cannot be charmed
- Transmutation recipe for sockets can't eat gems with no return.
- Some random map affixes better tuned
- You must talk to the guardian of mana before you can enter the dungeon from Act 4 hub
- Some players stuck in a state where their quests will not advance, or the final quest will not complete, allowing access to the mapworks, should be resolved.
- Fix for crash in certain circumstances when wearing gear that requires a requirement reduction spell
- Fixed crash when quitting the game from the options menu while the shared stash is open.
Released October 22, 2012
- Fixes a crash with proximity-based effects granted by a Set bonus
- Missiles reflected by the player will not strike the player, or other friendly targets
To update, launch the game and it should automatically grab the latest version.
Released October 19, 2012
This is a small patch to fix a single crash issue with effects based on proximity, usually triggered in multiplayer by zoning with Battle Rage enabled.
Today we released an update for Torchlight II to address a number of issues, including graphical glitches and level determinism. For more information, you can read Travis' patch notes on the forums.
To receive the update, just launch your copy of Torchlight II and go!
We pushed out an update today for Torchlight II. For more information, you can read Travis' patch notes on the forums. To update, just launch your game client!
We've spent the weekend upgrading our helpdesk software. Sorry for the delay, everyone. If you submitted a ticket over the weekend, we will respond to it as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
Unfortunately, approximately 600 tickets were deleted from our system by mistake late on Saturday, September 22, 2012. If your ticket was deleted or closed, please reply back to the last message received from us and we'll continue troubleshooting your issue.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.