While playing a quest, I received a duplicate quest item. How can I remove it from my inventory?
This article pertains to all Torchlight users.
You received a duplicate quest item
Due to a minor glitch, you may find yourself in possession of a duplicate of a quest item. For example, you may still have a second Glyph of Movement after completing the Estherian Remnants quest. Unfortunately, is not possible to remove the quest item from your inventory by dropping it on the ground or moving it to shared stash.
How to resolve
- Pick up the duplicate item from your inventory and hold it in your mouse cursor. Don't drop it.
- Press ESC and choose Exit to Title.
- The game will exit back to the title screen, but you'll notice that your mouse cursor is invisible. This is a temporary problem.
- Quit Torchlight.
- Relaunch the game and continue your character. If you're running Steam, you may first be prompted with a message that your local game saves are newer than those on the Steam Cloud. Choose the option to play your local game save.
- The game will load and the quest item will be gone from your inventory.