When I enter my Torchlight key into the activation prompt, my key is not accepted. How can I resolve this issue?
This article pertains to Torchlight users who purchased from Runic Games via torchlightgame.com or Perfect World via perfectworld.com.
You may receive an error message if your key is properly validated by the activation server.
- If you downloaded the Runic Games installer, the error message you may receive will appears as follows: Enter Serial Number / Invalid Serial Number. You must use this version if you purchased Torchlight directly from Runic Games at torchlightgame.com.
- If you downloaded the Perfect World installer, the error message you may receive is: Enter Activation Key / Invalid Activation Key. You must use this version if you purchased Torchlight from Perfect World at perfectworld.com
Please note: if you purchased Torchlight directly from Runic Games at torchlightgame.com, you cannot use the Perfect World installer. Additionally, if you purchased Torchlight from Perfect World at perfectworld.com, you cannot use the Runic Games installer.
How to Resolve
- Ensure that you've entered your Torchlight key correctly, including hyphens. Please note that any zeros appearing in your key are not the letter O.
- Check to make certain that you're using the correct installer build. As stated above, you must be using the Runic Games installer if you purchased Torchlight from torchlightgame.com. Perfectworld.com purchasers must use the Perfect World installer.
- If you receive a message stating that you've exceeded your activation limit, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you purchased the Torchlight retail box and are getting prompted to enter a key, see our KB article entitled Encore retail disc prompts for a key.